Who doesn’t love a delicious taco?! We make them all the time at my house, and tonight, I’m whipping up some of the best slow cooked chicken for the very best chicken tacos you’ve ever eaten. With just four simple ingredients, you can try this recipe too and see just what I mean all for yourself! You can also add this chicken to salads for an oh so delicious, healthier option. Okay, okay! Let’s get started!
- 1 pack taco or fajita seasoning
- 2 tbsp chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 16 oz jar salsa (mild, medium or hot depending on how spicy you want it)
- 3 -4 medium size chicken breasts
- Prep and wash the chicken. Cut up into small pieces and place in a crockpot.
- Sprinkle in taco or fajita seasoning. Add broth and stir chicken until evenly coated.
- Allow chicken to slow cook for 4-5 hours on low or 2-3 hours on high.
- After chicken is cooked throughouly, shred chicken. Add half a jar of salsa and allow to cook another 30 minutes.
- Serve on homemade (or storebought, because those are great too) tortillas with lettuce, sour cream, black beans, rice and taco sauce (or whatever suites your fancy). Enjoy!
Be sure to season chicken evenly. You can always go back and add more seasoning later, should you choose to do so.
You can shred the chicken however thick or thin you’d like it.
After you’ve shredded your chicken, you’ll add half a jar of Pace salsa. Allow it to cook for another 30 minutes. You can save the other half for a side of chips.
Once your chicken is finished, throw some on a tortilla and add in some extras for the most delicious. Taco. Ever.
We want to know what you thought of this recipe. Leave us a comment or check out our ‘Let’s Talk, Foodie’ tab to leave suggestions on what we could do differently.
Until next time. Sending you all peace, love and light.