My family loves these little sweet treats and they have become a regularly baked dessert in our household. They are super easy to make and don’t require any dairy products. They are quick and easy and fun to make with smaller kids. This recipe yields about 21 cookies and are great for birthday parties, sleepovers, date nights, and family events.
Alright, now that I’ve told you how delicious these are, let’s get baking so you can see for yourself!
- 1/2 cup plant butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large, ripe banana
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray nonstick baking sheet and set aside.
- Microwave the plant butter for approximately 40 seconds. It should be completely melted but not hot.
- In a large bowl, mix together butter, sugar and brown sugar until well combined.
- In a smaller bowl, mash banana. Mix vanilla into mashed banana mixture and then combine with butter and sugars.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt. Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Mix until just combined. Dough should be soft and the tiniest bit sticky but not overly sticky.
- Stir in chocolate chips. (If you like nuts, you can always mix in 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and 1/2 cup nuts such as pecans or walnuts).
- Scoop about 1 1/2 tbsp of dough, roll into a ball and place on baking sheet about 1 inch apart from each other.
- Bake for about 7-10 minutes, or until cookies are set. They will appear puffy and look a little underbaked in the middle.
Cookies can be kept in an airtight container for up to five days.
Tried this recipe? What did you think? Make sure to leave a comment and let us know.
Until next time. Sending you peace, love and light.