We all live crazy busy lives and fast food joints end up taking all of our money because it’s easier to pull into a drive through line and pick up dinner than it is to get home after a long days work and cook. But doing this gets old really quick. Not to mention how badly you feel after eating all that fast food.
So here’s a recipe that is quick, easy, delicious and much better for you than any fast food out there! It’s so good in fact, you wouldn’t even know it was a meal made in less than 30 minutes. How ready are you to get cooking? I thought so. Let’s get into it!
- 1 Ib cooked and devained jumbo shrimp
- Old Bay seasoning to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 box thin spaghetti noodles or angel hair pasta
- 1 8 oz jar of basil pesto
- Fresh basil to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Begin by washing shrimp. Prep a large saute pan with olive oil. Place shrimp in saute pan and season with old bay and lemon pepper seasoning on one side initially. Be generous with the Old Bay seasoning. Allow shrimp to cook for 2-3 minutes on medium heat and then flip. Season other side of shrimp with Old Bay seasoning and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- While shrimp is cooking, prep pot with water and a tad bit of olive oil so noodles do not stick together at any point during the cooking process. Allow them to boil until noodles are soft and then drain.
- Once your shrimp is cooked, leave in pan with seasoned residue and remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, mix noodles and basil pesto together until noodles are evenly coated. Pour shrimp and seasoned residue onto noodles and mix thouroughly again.
- Top with fresh basil and serve immediately.
This dish is also great to serve with cresent rolls or garlic bread. I have also been known to add sauteed zucchini as well for an extra health boost. Season the zucchini with old bay and cook with shrimp for less cleanup.
Always be generous with your Old Bay seasoning but stick to the measured amount of lemon pepper seasoning as you don’t want the pepper taste to overpower the Old Bay.
Once noodles are cooked and drained, place them in a large bowl and add basil pesto. Mix pesto and noodles togehter until your noodles are evenly coated.
Stir shrimp and pesto pasta again until everyhting is mixed thouroughly.
Top with fresh basil leaves whole or chopped and enjoy!
Amazing! We hope you enjoy this meal as much as we do and that you’ll leave a comment below telling us what you liked or didn’t like about this recipe. We are always open to productive criticism.
Also make sure to follow us so that you’ll receive notifications everytime we post something to our blog. The follow button is located near the top right of your screen. I am working to begin a YouTube channel very soon for folks who’d rather watch than read our posts so be on the lookout for that.
I sincerely appreacite your support. Truly, it means the world to me that you’re here. I’d love to chat with you so please reach out to me through the ‘Let’s Talk, Foodie’ tab and say hi.
Until next time. Sending you peace, love and light.