We love to pair chocolate chips and bananas here at The Juicy Pepper. Can you tell? In this recipe, we have whipped up another family favorite. These muffins are bakery worthy and deliciously sinful. And guess what else? They’re VEGAN!
I’ve made these time and time again at the request of my mother and brother-in-law so I thought it’d be fun to share with you all. These are great for breakfast, desserts and even snacks. Wrap them up and take them on the go or sit and enjoy them with a freshly brewed cup of coffee and a book. However you choose to eat them, we’re sure you’ll enjoy every bite. Let’s get cooking!
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted plant butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup granualted sugar
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1 cup vanilla oat milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup semi-sweet Trader Joe’s chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Spray a 12 cup muffin tray with non-stick cooking spray or line with paper liners (it is better, in my experience, to go with the cooking spray).
- In a large bowl, toss together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mash bananas then mix together butter, sugar, milk, and vanilla. Slowly add to the dry ingredients. Gently fold together until JUST combined.
- Divide the batter into the 12 muffin cups and bake at 425F for five minutes. After five minutes, reduce the oven temperature to 375F and continue to bake for another 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. ENJOY!
*Muffins can be stored in airtight container at room temperature for up to five days. Up to seven in refrigeration.
In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips.
In a medium bowl, prepare to mash bananas.
Once bananas are mashed, mix together plant butter, sugar, milk, and vanilla extract.
Slowly and gently fold ingredients into each other until just combined.
Fill muffin tin and prepare to pllace in oven at 425F for five minutes. Once five minutes is up, reduce oven temperature to 375F and bake muffins for an additional 12-15 minutes.
Test to see if muffins are baked all the way through with a toothpick. Muffins should be golden brown when finsihed. Enjoy!
We hope you enjoyed this recipe. If you did, let us know by commenting a picture of your finished product below and share this recipe with your friends. If you didn’t, please contact us to let us know what you didn’t like about this recipe so that we can do things differently.
As always friends, sending you peace, love and light.
Until next time.