Growing up, my Granny made the best spaghetti in the world. Before she passed away, she taught me her secret recipe and so I added my own spin on things. This recipe is super easy and is sure to leave you full and happy. This recipe can be vegan, vegetarian or full of meat – you decide. But whatever you choose, you’ll be happy you decided on this recipe. Let’s get cooking then!
- 1 24 oz jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 16 oz jar Pace chunky salsa
- 1 12 oz jar tomato paste
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 4-5 medium red tomatoes, cubed
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- Fresh basil, to taste
- Fresh oregano, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 16 oz bag of pasta or spaghetti noodles
- Prepare green bell pepper, onion, and garlic.
- In a large pot, add water, 1 tbsp olive oil and pasta. Bring to a boil and drain. Set pasta to side.
- In a large pot on medium high heat, heat olive oil. Add garlic, stirring frequently, until fragrant. Be careful not to burn garlic.
- Add diced onion and green bell pepper to pot. Allow mixture to cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until onions are trasnlucent. Reduce heat to low.
- In a medium skillet, add red tomatoes to medium high heat. Allow to cook down until soft. Add to a food processor and blend until smooth – approximately 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add blended tomatoes and jar of tomato paste to garlic, onion and green bell pepper mixture. Let mixture cook for up to 5 minutes. Add jar of spaghetti sauce and salsa. Mix together and cook for another 10 minutes on low heat.
- Add salt, pepper, basil, and oregano to desired taste. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
This recipe can be served with crescent rolls or garlic toast for added flavor. One could also add beefless grounds for a heartier sauce, or any ground meat.
Begin by preparing garlic, onion, green bell pepper and tomatoes. Set aside until ready to use.
In a skillet on medium high heat, cook toamtoes until soft. They will have sort of a sauce like consistency. Remove from heat and place in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
Once green bell peppers, onions and garlic have cooked to translucency, add blended tomatoes and tomatoe paste to pot. Cook for five minutes.
Add jar of salsa and spaghetti sauce to pot and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Add salt, pepper, basil and oregano to tdesired taste.
Serve immediately. Garnish with basil and enjoy.
What’s fun about this recipe are the endless possibilities to add or take away. Don’t like onions? Don’t add them. Want something a little meatier, add beefless grounds or ground turkey! How about some bread? Because who doesn’t love a piece of garlic toast or a crescent roll with their spaghetti? Go ahead, add that. This meal also pairs perfectly with a tall, cold glass of wine or a cold can of beer. You choose. Don’t be afraid to turn this meal into something extravagent without spending an extravagent amount of money.
Such a delicious meal and easy to cook. I hope you enjoyed this recipe and want to know your thoughts. Did you like it or not really? Don’t be shy. Let us know by commenting below or clicking our ‘Let’s Talk Foodie’ tab. We can’t wait to hear what you think.
Until next time.
Sending you peace, love and light.